"Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don't quit, and you will make it.
There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment. Jesus Christ is the Way. Every other way, any other way, whatever other way is foolisheness."
-Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm 3!

3 as in 3 pounds. I went to visit Claire the other day and I showed up to this adorable little face. Aside from how cute and awake she was I noticed that she have a different diaper on. I thought "Oh, she is 3 pounds now they must have decided the other diapers were getting too small. This one looks a little big but it'll be alright."
Then I picked her up to hold her and saw this in the back. The diapers are practically up to her armpits! They fold it down in the front to make room for some of the monitors on her chest but in the back they only roll it down a little. I had to keep checking to see if I had an extra blanket bunching up down there because of all the extra diaper up the back.
To give a little perspective about where she is at I took this picture.
From left to right: Rubys diaper-size 4 huggies, a gluestick, Claire's 1st diaper- the hospital extra small pampers premiee, the diaper Claire is in now( up to the armpits!)- the regular pampers premiee, and the huggies newborn- the diaper we got in the mail the other day.

Turns out they didn't got up a size on the diaper because her body was bigger, it was more the mess she was leaving in them got bigger. I thought it was pretty funny.

4 comments:

Sarah King said...

I'm soooo glad to see Claire is doing well and getting bigger! Ruby is getting soo big too and so cute! You are all in our thoughts and prayers! Love you guys!

Sarah

Kaylene said...

SHE IS SO CUTE! Oh my heck Val, I totally love her.

Cassie said...

Val, She is so little! I knew she was but when I saw the pic of you holding her I realized how tiny she is! Glad she is doing well. Let us know if we can do anything! Cute pics of Rub by the way, the kids are excited to see her this week. We love you guys!

brad said...

That is hilarious. Well way to go Claire, getting all that poop out.
Love, Linz