"Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don't quit, and you will make it.
There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment. Jesus Christ is the Way. Every other way, any other way, whatever other way is foolisheness."
-Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Playing a little catchup


Okay, so lots has happened these past few weeks and here are a few highlights of our family. First, we are preparing for two weddings in August. One for my sister Allison (and Ken), and another for Perry's sister Rachel (and Matt).





Neither of us can believe that our sisters are old enough to be doing such things! We are very excited for them.

Then, we went to a family reunion for the Carter family (Grandma Hurst's parent's posterity). It was lots of fun. There was a picnic in the park and then swimming at the natatorium. Perry has a cousin whose wife, Anna, had a baby right around the same time Ruby was born. They were both premature but doing well and are very beautiful!
They will be good friends. Definitely Hurst babies.


The fourth of July was another fun day. We went to Quinns Pond and swam with the fishies. Ruby can't get in the water yet but this is her hat that she wouldn't wear to keep the sun away.


Then we went to the Ann Morrison Park Fireworks Show. We sat on the grassy knoll with mom, dad, Rach, Rachies Matt, Jeff and Cami and family, and did MAD LIBS. Dave and Sue were there too!




Max and the sparkler.
Ruby's first fireworks show.









Lastly, it was a very exciting day when Ruby was blessed. We love her so much and boy does she make us giggle! I often wonder what she is thinking and who she sees when she is starring into space so intently.



I am so grateful to know of the truthfulness of the gospel. I am very grateful for a husband who honors the priesthood he holds. We are very thankful and feel honored to have two children who bless our lives so much.


Oh yeah, I geuss that wasn't the end. Perry had a birthday and turned the big 29! I took him fishing for his birthday. These aren't the actual fish we caught, but we liked fishing so much that we went again the next weekend and caught these fish at Quinns Pond. We made fish tacos with them.

Our three year anniversary was also last week and Perry took me downtown on our bikes to Old Chicago where we had our first date. Then we went swimming. This is us after the pool.

More pictures of Ruby in cute dresses.




Daniel spent the night at our house and wanted me to take this picture. He calls it.. just ROCKINOUT!!!



Well I think these are all the updates over the past few weeks. Except for this... who would have thought...




6 comments:

brad said...

Oh, I can't wait to move back and see you guys more often! I got a job offer today at the College of Western Idaho, so it's decision making time! Love you guys!

Brad

Lindsay Kay said...

Little catch up?! Man I miss you guys. Can't wait to live close. And, oh yes, Ruby is a doll. I love her cute little hat.

Sharlee said...

So here I am:) Um...she is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE her blessing dress. I can't congratulate you two enough...I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Quinn, Amanda, Reggie and Orrin said...

Val, Ruby is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you two! It has been a long time since we have talked, i hope to catch up with you sometime. I found your blog from Meghan's Blog. I hope you are doing great! We are going to be in Boise over labor day weekend, so if you aren't busy maybe we can meet up for a bit. I'm sure our little Reggie would love to meet Ruby.

Eric and Christy said...

Hey Val!! Long time no see! Your Ruby is sooo cute! You have such a beautiful family! It is nice to see what's going on with you guys! :)

Eric and Christy said...

It would be fun to get together sometime and go fishing! We bought licences and haven't used them enough yet to make them worth it! :)